Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thumbrpint Experiment

I saw a raspberry thumbprint cookie on one of my favorite baking blogs, and I had to try something like it for myself and possibly the shop. I decided to make the base of the cookie out of almond shortbread and the filling out of organic raspberry jam. I like using organic jam because it is better for you and it is less sweet and more berry-flavored so it balances the almond flavor of the shortbread. I then added a little black pepper to compliment the sweetness of the rest of the cookie. Once they came out of the oven I topped them with an almond powdered sugar drizzle. I took them to a dinner party later that night and got rave reviews. I think they could use a little more pepper to make them unique, but with a little work I definitely think they will make it into the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment