Monday, September 7, 2009

Fig, Feta, and Prosciutto Pizza

Hands down this is the most unusual pizza I've ever eaten or made. As strange as it was, the flavor was fantastic! This was also my first time eating a fresh fig. I had to search all over the north side of Indy to get them. I almost gave up on having a fig-topped pizza, but my search ended after the fourth grocery store. My adventurous aunt and uncle shared the pizza with me.
It definitely looks like something straight out of a Dr. Seuss book. Green fruit and ham....sounds about right.
I didn't know how to make it look pretty, so pretty weird is how it turned out. This recipe is less cooking and more assembling. Get a ball of pizza dough, some figs, prosciutto, feta, and balsamic vinegar. So simple, so quick, so awesome!

I found the recipe in the August issue of Bon Appetit. Bon Appetit's pizza called for Gorgonzola cheese, but I swapped that for feta. I prefer my cheese with less mold, thankyouverymuch. Their recipe also suggested to top the pizza with arugula, lightly tossed with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I just skipped that part, but I'm sure it would be delicious.

Get the recipe here and make some fancy pizza soon!

1 comment: