Monday, April 19, 2010

Perfect Roasted Potatoes

Flipping through my list of favorite blogs, I found the answer to all of my roasted potato questions on Chocolate & Zucchini. After I read her post, the clouds parted and the sun shone down on me. I set to work immediately, scrubbin' and choppin' my potatoes.

All kinds of potatoes will work for this recipe. Fill up a large pot with salted water while you clean and cut your taters.

Cut them into bite sized pieces.

When the water reaches a boil, toss them in and let them cook for 5 minutes. They won't be fully cooked; this is just a head start. Turn your oven on to a very high heat around 450 degrees.

Carefully toss your hot potatoes in a drizzle of olive oil and season to taste. I made these spicy with chili powder, pepper, and chili pepper. Don't forget the salt.

After 15 minutes, toss and turn the potatoes and cook for another 15 minutes. They will be crispy on the outside and perfectly tender on the inside. I'll never struggle with potatoes again! Thanks Chocolate & Zucchini!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for putting this recipe on here! I too have been stumped at how to make potatoes just like this and I can't wait to try this out tonight.

    ReplyDelete