Monday, June 14, 2010

Crazy Squash and Beet Casserole

I adapted this recipe from a dish I had while I was in Canada. It comes together in minutes thanks to a handy-dandy food processor. I would have never thought to put butternut squash in the food processor, but what a good idea!

Set up your food processor to grate a medium butternut squash, two beets, and a small onion (or half of a huge one like mine.) Even better, you don't have to peel the veggies. That's right. Leave that tough squash skin on. You'll never even know it's there. Just take the seeds out first and trim the tops off of those beets.

Grate them all up and toss the little pieces in a big bowl with a sprinkling of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. I believe I threw in some sage, but I wouldn't suggest this. I wasn't a fan of the sage in this.

Spread it out in the biggest glass dish that you have and bake it at 350 for 45 minutes or so. It makes a great side dish and serves about 6 people. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment