Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ooout of Town (That's "out" in Canadian)

You may have noticed my absence this week. I just got back from a workation in Canada. I will fill you in on my adventures next week. For the time being, feast on some randomness.

You can't beat fresh pasta. I picked up some pappardelle at one of the local farmers markets. The girls who run it are about my age, so I bonded with them immediately.

It's so pretty! And so fresh! They have so many other shapes and flavors, but I never get to the market in time. Damn, early birds getting the...pasta.

Breakfast discovery shortly after Easter, obviously. Schmearing avocado on toast - with a sprinkle of salt. I'm addicted.

My first harvest! This spring and summer, I'm attempting to grow my own veggies. I picked my first spring lettuce leaves right before I left. Not bad for a window garden crop. I just finished potting three different types of peppers, butternut squash, acorn squash, zucchini, cucumber, Roma tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Let's see if anything produces! See you on Monday, regular time, with the down low on my venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment