Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Jagerdoodles! (Pronounced Yay-ger-doodles)

I had a cookie brain-child recently. I christened it the Jagerdoodle. "What the devil is a Jagerdoodle?!" I hear you say. Well dear, when a snickerdoodle and a shot of Jagermeister fall in love..........nevermind, I'll tell you when you're older.

Let me introduce you to my giant bottle of Jagermeister. When I told my mom that I made a Jager-y cookie, she asked me twice if I REALLY put Jager in the cookies. The answer was yes both times. Hence the name, ma. (Don't hate me for teasing you. Remember, you love me very much.)

I'm really getting the hang of proper dough consistency. I do love a successful batch o' cookies.

Into the fridge you go, baby doodle.

The doodles are all dressed up in sugar and anise. "Anise?!" Yes, anise. It enhances the Jageriness. Brace yourselves...bold flavor straight ahead.

These babies can trick the eye, but definitely not the nose. You can smell that licorice-y goodness a mile away. It was torture for Karli. She's no fan of black licorice. That's Jagermeister blasphemy!
I'm sending out the entire batch to 3 groups of people for their feedback. I have a hunch that I need to cut back on the anise and up the Jager. You can never have enough Jager!





3 comments:

  1. The word at Tuitive was that they were good, but a little too anise-y. I dont know if they actually need to be rolled in it or not. Maybe more in the dough and then a sugar/lite cinnamon roll? I am not the baking expert. Overall they were a hit. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm this sounds absolutely amazing. - Melissahhh

    ReplyDelete