Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Vegan Cookie Success!

This lovely recipe was given to me by fellow SI member, Larua Frank. We have had so many requests for vegan cookies. The public asked, and they will receive. I give you the Oatmeal Peanut Butter cookie, which happens to be vegan friendly. Ta-da!

Star player - soy milk. No butter or eggs here. I was a bit skeptical at first, but after tasting the end result, all is good; very, very good.

Yum yum dough. Oats and peanut butter. I would have never thought to put them together.

I divided the dough in half; put chocolate in one half and left the other half plain.

Testing flavors at home gives me relief from scooping out hundreds after hundreds of miniature dough balls. Only regular sized dough balls for my taste testers.

Look at it. Crunchy outside, chewy inside, perfect.

These are just like the vegan cookies in my dreams. They are delicious as cookies, just plain cookies, let alone vegan friendly cookies. I am pleased. I still want to have another variety of vegan cookie. More on that later. We will eventually have gluten free cookies. (Those are even harder to hone.... meh.) More cookie blogs and testing soon!

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! One idea is that you might also offer soy-free varieties, since soy has hormones in it.

    Can you do any with almond milk?

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete