Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Return to the hazelnut cookie.

Our hazelnut cookie is a fickle, unpredictable dough. So I tried to totally revamp it. I threw in some cream cheese and messed with the flour to hazelnut spread ratio. I thought I had a winner, but it only came in fourth place. No good!

I was really skeptical at this stage. The dough was really runny. I didn't want to put any more flour in the batter in fear of making the dough tough and altering the taste drastically.

So I chilled the dough for awhile. These dough balls look like they have some potential. Misleading dough balls.

Out of the oven, they were initially nice and puffy, but that lasted only a minute or two.

They shrank into their firmiliar waffer thin thickness. The taste - delicious. The texture - border line too chewy. Appearance - TOO THIN!
Hazelnut cookies, still a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment