Monday, March 29, 2010

Instant Gratification: No-Bakes

Recently I had a sweet tooth attack. I needed something chocolaty and chewy. I didn't want to leave the comfort of my apartment, and I didn't want to wait on a batch of brownies. NO! I dug deep into the depths of my recipe collection and found this prized recipe. I scalped it from my fella's grandmother. She makes many-a tasty candy and other sweet things. This recipe is tried and true. Fo sho.
Bert's No-Bakes
1 cup sugar
5 tsp. cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup of peanut butter

Bring sugar, cocoa, butter, and milk to a boil on medium-high heat in a sauce pan. Stir well.
Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla until combined. Add oats.
Scoop with a tablespoon and drop onto wax paper. Let cool...or not.
Store in an air tight container.

1 comment: