Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Karli's Holiday Wish List

Recently my husband and family have been asking me what I would like for Christmas. I am so fortunate to have the most wonderful husband, family, home and business that I was having trouble thinking of anything I truly needed. Then I started browsing my favorite website - ETSY!!! - and discovered a ton of things I would love to have. There is something about handmade goods that makes my heart so happy. I just wanted to share with you some of the lovelies I will be putting on my Christmas wish list:

The Bordeaux Blooming Band from Backwoods Belle ($18). I have had the pleasure of working next to the lovely Aubrey of Backwoods Belle and she is the sweetest person with the most beautiful headbands, pins and bobbies. I love this bordeaux color because it can go with almost anything and makes a bold statement.This 8 x 10 whisk print from Studio Mela ($20). I love the whimsical nature of the print, the color palette is perfect and it reminds me of what I do for a living.

Leather Poppy Wristlet from Sakura Urban ($75). This wristlet is a little bit girlie, a little bit tough just like me. It is made to perfection right here in Indianapolis out of the finest Italian leather and lined with limited edition Japanese fabric. It is a truly unique purse that will definitely have your girlfriends talking.

Japanese Yuzu lotion from Oliba ($10). I fell in love with Oliba's Japanese Yuzu organic goat's milk soap at Renegade in Chicago and am so excited to find they have my favorite scent in a luscious body lotion. I like the Japanese Yuzu scent because it is similar to grapefruit and smells super fresh without overpowering you.

Pincushion ring from Art Nest Shop ($10). This is about the cutest thing I have ever seen and a PERFECT gift for any crafty people in your life. Art Nest Shop sells them in a number of colors and fabrics that it is so difficult to choose a favorite.

The Austin bib necklace from Miss Ruby Sue ($200). This necklace is TO. DIE. For. It is constructed out of dupioni silk, vintage pearls, ribbon, tulle and a one-of-a-kind vintage brooch. I would love to wear this necklace with a simple black dress and heels to a New Year's Eve party.

Floursack towels from Nourishing Notes ($20). A set of two hand-screen printed towels featuring various kitchen utensils in bright red and gold. These adorable towels would brighten up any kitchen.

Summer at the Faire 8 x 10 print from Lupen Grainnen ($30). After watching the short-lived show Carnivale I have become obsessed with all things vintage carnival themed. This photo from Lupen Grainne's etsy shop honeytree is perfect!

Finally, I would LOVE to have The Missy from Little Houses ($110). I like that it comes in different colors and that you can wear it different ways depending upon your mood. I definitely think that if I do not get this for Christmas I am going to have to get it for myself.

I hope you get everything on your list whether it is full of handmade goodies or more intangible wishes like peace on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment